Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Second Hand Rose Quilt Top Finish

aldkjlfksjfl.jpg


Here's a little quilt I finished up right before Christmas.  The center is hand appliqued and was a lot of fun and very relaxing to work on.  This is a kit I bought from a shop in Iowa when I was on my way to vend at the Des Moines Quilt Show.  It still needs to be quilted - again - I have no clue when I'll get to that!  Anyhow - I switched out both outer borders from what was provided in the kit.  I just liked these from my stash better.  Now the only thing that's bugging me is those bright white flower centers - so I'm seeing some tea dying action going on there.  This design is from a Jo Morton book called Remembrances and the pattern is Second Hand Rose.  The more I look at this quilt the more I'm thinking about tea dying the whole quilt!  The background on the applique needs to be more muted too I think!


And last but not least for today, I leave you with a picture of my hubster and I.  This was taken about 2 weeks ago when we took the kids to the Science and Industry Museum in Chicago as a last hurrah before they went back to school after winter break.........


12415fgs.jpg

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails