Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Floating Stars Wallhanging - Free Pattern

Well, thanks to those wonderful gals at American Patchwork and Quilting - you can now download a free pattern that was inspired by our Two-Piece Puzzle Quilt pattern that is in the current American Patchwork and Quilting magazine!




Above is the Floating Stars Wallhanging sewn by Laura Boehnke. It was made using Floral Melody fabric designed by Ro Gregg for Northcott.


Here's the link to download your free pattern - enjoy!




Now, part of the deal to download a nice pretty PDF version of this pattern is to become a free member on their site - after you do this, you have access to many other free patterns.  It's fun - go do it!  Our the instructions are listed there on the link above also (6 pages total), - but you have to print out several pages directly from the web pages.  It's easier to sign up for a free account and get the nice clean PDF version!


In other news, I'm sewing the day away today.  It's snowing and has been since about one o clock this morning when I finally went to bed.  Quilt guild has been cancelled tonight so I'm free to do whatever I want with my day. I'm sewing more 1" finished size half square triangle for a different basket block that I'm working on.  This one - so far - will be done in reds, browns and a mottled tan fabric.  Looks good so far!


I also went to my longarm quilting class yesterday.  I finally finished the quilting on that plaid quilt using the baptist fans pattern.  Wow - that's another post all in itself.  I really need more practice to get this longarm stuff down!  Hopefully this weekend I can get the binding stitched on this quilt and I'll be able to show you some pictures next week!


Oh, and please - if you have enjoyed seeing our quilt patterns in American Patchwork and Quilting magazine and have enjoyed the free patterns on their website - let them know!  It only takes a few minutes to zip off an email, write a little note or even take a picture of your finished project and send it to them!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails