Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving and other goodies!

1943_03_06_saturday_evening_post_norman_rockwell_article_freedom_from_want_430_digimarc1.jpg


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I hope you all have a wonderful day!


scan00011.jpg

If you haven't seen the latest issue of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine - go find a copy!  It's the February 2010 issue and it's a keeper!

The cover quilt was designed by my friend Monique Dillard of Open Gate Quilts.  Be sure and check her website out for other fabulous quilt patterns and rulers.

scan00031.jpg

Another goodie in this magazine was this fabulous bag designed by another friend Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts.  I can't wait to get started on his bag - I've been on a huge applique kick lately.  Check out Edyta's website also - she has such a unique look to her things - mixing batiks and other fabrics and they are gorgeous!  She also designs fabric for Moda!


On the homefront - I am working on several different projects - just for me.  I'll start designing new patterns after Christmas, but for now I'm enjoying working on some kits that I picked up last month!  I bought a few kits from Primitive Gatherings while vending at Houston Quilt Festival and then I bought some more while I "shop hopped" on my way to vend at the Des Moines quilt show.  I never buy kits - but for some reason I did this time!

The first - shown below - is Oak Leaf and Reel, designed by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings.  This pattern is from her Autumn Gatherings book and you can still go and snag a kit for yourself on the Primitive Gatherings website!




The next goodie I am working on is "Second Hand Rose" designed by Jo Morton (shown below) .  This pattern is from the "Remembrances" book.  I bought the kit at WillowCreek Quilts and Gifts in Kalona, Iowa!




And then I'm also working on a Memorial quilt right now for a friend who had a death in her family recently.  It's proving to be a bit of a challenge so far, but I'm leaning toward making it a little more scrappy to make choosing fabrics easier!  I'll share that with you after it is finished and delivered!


Have a Happy Thanksgiving and stay tuned for our annual fabric sale on our website.  It's getting close to that time of year to clear it out so we do not have to inventory it and make room for the new goodies coming in 2010!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails