Thursday, April 8, 2010

Name This Quilt Pattern

OK, the last show I did was in Valparaiso, Indiana and was put on by the String A Long Quilt Guild.  Great show - if you are close to that area, be sure to go to their next show in 2012!


Here is a quilt that I love and think would be so great and quick to piece.  The nine patches I could whip up on the sewing machine and use fabrics from my scrap basket.  Then I'm thinking the actual assembly of the quilt top would be a great hand piecing project while I'm on the road doing quilt shows!

So, here's the question of the day - Anyone have any idea what this quilt pattern is called? I'm sure I could draw it out in EQ 6, but I would really love to know the name of the pattern!

2 comments:

Martha said...

Hi Tara...

I know this pattern -- it's called Jack's Chain. It's very clever, I think, when a pattern is constructed with only straight pieces, but has a curvy or circular feel to it (like Kaleidoscope or Storm at Sea).

{Leila}Where the Orchids Grow said...

I'm making a quilt in this pattern at the moment and I had no idea what it was called either! One of my readers sent me a link to this site http://www.amishcountrylanes.com/Pages/hs358.shtml where it's called "friendship ring quilt" For what it's worth :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails