Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Following Along The Cheddar Cheese and Crackers Trail

Well, last weekend I started a little project....

dsc05279.JPG

I am making a little quilt called "Cheddar Cheese and Crackers" following instructions from another blogger..... Lori of Humble Quilts


This is all new for me - I've never made a project following a blog and this has been a blast!  It's hard though too


dsc05280.JPG


- because you have to wait for the next step and I get a little impatient!  But this has been a lot of fun and I would definetly do it again.  This little quilt of mine is almost complete now. I still have to quilt it and bind it and I'm not quite sure when I well get to that.  I really need to be working on projects of my own - but this little booger just kept calling my name.  I started it last weekend and just finished it up this afternoon.

dsc05407.JPG

I used Aged Muslin for my quilt instead of a shirting print - basically because I couldn't decide which shirting I wanted to use and a piece of aged muslin tumbled out of my scrap basket while I was digging for possible fabric choices.  So - Aged Muslin it was.

dsc05408.JPG

Can you see in the above photo how cool the aged muslin looks!  It's all tea stained looking and old - yummo!

Now - back to hand quilting a couple little projects for our upcoming new series of patterns!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails