Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Amish Quilt Auction

The weekend before last, I was able to visit Amish country in Shipshewana, Indiana.  That Saturday was the Spring Honeyville Amish Quilt Auction.  Wow - what an experience that was. I really enjoyed seeing an actual auction and viewing the majority of the quilts available.  I say "majority" because I had a little mishap on the Interstate that morning getting to the Auction in the form of a flat tire.  A flat tire I could not change myself because the car jack that is supplied with my vehicle is a piece of garbage!  LOL  I ended up contacting a towing service (read between the lines here - this added an extra hour and a half to my delay) and they came to my rescue.  So - I was late - very late in getting to the auction.

All in all, it was a fun day. The quilts were gorgeous, but the winning bids on everything I saw were way to low for the quality of the quilts.  That was a little sad.

I visited Lolly's and Yoder's quilt shops while there and some of the other stores too.  Enjoy the slide show of a few of the quilts from the auction below!



2009 Amish Quilt Auction in Shipshewana, Indiana

And if you would rather view each individual picture instead of watching the slide show, here is the link:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails