Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hands All Around Quilt

 I've been slowly working on this quilt for a few months now - I cannot remember for the life of me if I shared this with you already or not!


This is the Hands All Around quilt block and I'm using a pattern from a binder collection of patterns called: Best Loved Quilt Patterns.  I found this collection of patterns on ebay a few years back.  I love this collection of patterns - lots of oldie but goodie style quilts!~  Here's a picture of the cover on the binder:





So far I have 3 completed quilt blocks and I'm working on a fourth.  They are a nice large finished size block and I'm using a fabric from the Civil War Ladies fabric line by Judie Rothermel for Marcus Brothers!  It works perfect in the center of these blocks - Don't you think?


8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I bought that binder of patterns years ago when it was available as a monthly club- maybe 20 years ago? - truthfully I have made about 2 or 3 of the quilts in it but I haven't looked in it in years and do not even recognize the pattern. I guess I need to get it out and look :)

Kyle said...

Your blocks are looking great, love the colors. Are you hand piecing? It's a challenging block!

Mary said...

Your blocks are wonderful.Thank you for sharing.

tmmw said...

I have this pattern too. Do you cut out the ladies and applique them onto the background? If not, how do you keep from having the nearby ladies on the fabric from being in the corners of your block?

tmmw said...

I have this pattern too. Do you cut out the ladies and applique them onto the background? If not, how do you keep from having the nearby ladies on the fabric from being in the corners of your block?

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Sweet blocks and a great way to use the Civil War ladies!!

Yankee Valley Stitcher said...

I have two of those binders full of patterns. I collected them many years ago when they came in the mail monthly. I think I should go grab them and look through them again :)

Karen said...

You have done work piecing the blocks. It does not look like an easy block design to piece with the curves involved.

Related Posts with Thumbnails