Monday, April 1, 2013

Cutting up Scraps and My Great Aunt's Quilts!


Today I'm busy cutting up 3 1/2" squares to send to my Great Aunt Columbia Jane.  She likes brighter colors, so I've dove into my 1980's and '90's fabric bins and started cutting.  I also order some squares off of eBay.  She'll enjoy this box when she receives it, I think!

Here are some pictures of the quilts she has made.  She is in her upper 80's and still piecing!


Here she is a couple of years ago holding one of her creations.  And here are some other quilts she has made! Enjoy the show!






























5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what great scrap quilts, so nice to see an elderly quilter still working and creating

Quilting Babcia said...

What a treasure you have in your wonderful aunt! So nice that she still has both the interest and ability to continue her passion. Her work is beautiful.

regan said...

Your aunt is an inspiration to us all! Just look at how many she's finished!!!! It's inspiring me to get busy on my ufo's! Thanks!

VLPDevore said...

What a wonderful inspiration your aunt is. All of these pictures should be placed in a scrapbook type journal with information about her for the quilters of your family (and others, too) for the future. It would be sad to lose the info with these quilts -- I can just see someone wrapped up in one of these, not feeling well, looking at your aunt's quilt journal. How soothing!!

Lane said...

What beautiful work!! Thanks for sharing. Lane

Related Posts with Thumbnails