Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Quilters Women & Domestic Art Book Review


I was recently gifted with the wonderful book titled "The Quilters Women & Domestic Art: An Oral History" written by Patricia Cooper and Norma Bradley Allen.  My great friend Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts gave me this treasure of a book - how sweet of her was that!

I spent yesterday evening reading this oral history book and loving the images of the old quilts and the black and white photos of quilters.  I was amused at some of the stories.  It's a great book to just sit and read with a nice cup of coffee or tea in the evening and think about women of long ago and their quilting!

Here are some images from the book!

















And coming soon.....


6 comments:

not so zen -quilts in Paris said...

One of the very first quiltbooks i bought, few books were available in Europe in the late seventies.
We're soooooo spoilt nowadays, but i still cherish this one.
Love from Paris,misty and chilly

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these Tara, a good look back in time.

regan said...

These are wonderful quilts! And don't you just love to see old pics of women together working on a quilt on a frame. They always look so sweet and happy to be there; having social time while quilting. I love that!

antique quilter said...

so nice of her, looks like a must have book for us antique quilt lovers
Kathie

Angie Burrett said...

This book just looks so good - I have just ordered one off Amazon! Thank you so much for sharing this - I had never heard of it before. I just love this kind of book.

Kyle said...

One of my favorite books.

Related Posts with Thumbnails