Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Antique Show and Quilt Retreat

This past weekend I had the pleasure of visiting an Antique and Primitives show in Arthur, Arcola and Tuscola, Illinois.  It was beyond my imagination and extremely fun.  Myself and 3 great friends set off early last Friday morning full of excitement at the gorgeous things we would find.

A wonderful two days was spent shopping and enjoying all the treasures we found.  Then it was time to part ways and be on my way to a small quilt retreat with other friends.  Sadly I could only spend 2 days retreating - but it was so worth it for the fun girl time we had!

Here's a few pictures I took of quilts on display at the antiques and primitives show!











 My wonderful lunch at a sweet and charming tea room!









My loaded vehicle with all the goodies purchased between ourselves!

10 comments:

Angie Burrett said...

Wow, what fantastic pictures of an obviously Big Fun Girly few days!

Karen said...

I like the quilt in the first picture. The one with the big cheddar squares. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I haven't had a chance to do something like that in oh so long.
I am sitting here with your Wool Rug Hooking book in front of me!

antique quilter said...

oh I am so jealous looks like a great antique mall and lots of inspiration in those pictures there!
glad you got away I know how much you must have loved it.
look forward to hearing more
Kathie

Gale, Ky quilter said...

Thanks for the virtual tour of your trip. Gorgeous quilts. The craftsmanship of those quilts is amazing.

regan said...

What a great trip....a quilt retreat AND antiquing! FUN FUN FUN!

WoolenSails said...

That sounds like a wonderful way to spend a weekend and so many beautiful quilts.

Debbie

Kyle said...

You saw some wonderful antique quilts. The question is, " how many were in those bags?" :-)

Leeanne said...

Oh.....I wish I could have come along too. Some beautiful quilts.

Marsha B said...

Wow, what a great day! I use to live a short drive from the Arcola area. I always enjoyed going there.

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, you were so lucky to go shopping through there. The worn-out quilt at bottom of 2nd photo...was there any info on that one?

Related Posts with Thumbnails