Friday, February 17, 2012

Stars In Progress!

For the past week or so, I've had a new project brewing in my mind.


These cute little antique 4" finished stars that I bought a year or so ago have been my inspiration along with this:


This is an antique quilt top that I also bought a year or so ago.  I love this quilt top - so many wonderful old fabrics in it!

So I set out creating my new design in EQ and then went on to pulling fabrics from the stash!


A yummy pile of "light" fabrics.


Excellent pile of reproduction fabrics - oh how i love color and design!

Then I set out to make a test block:


Oops - cut off a point there - oh well - life goes on!

Then with the assistance of my boss Bella:


We starched and cut fabric for most of the day yesterday!  Bella is such a good boss to have around - she doesn't say to much or complain, but let me tell you - she was really being a stinker last night and had to be in the middle of everything I was doing!  She was really intrigued with my hot iron and she scared the daylights out of me with how closely she was getting to it to sniff it out and see what was going on! Thankfully, no kitties were burned or hurt in this process!

After quite a busy and long day of starching, ironing, cutting and many breaks! (Remember - I'm still recovering from Carpal Tunnel surgeries - and yes, I do take frequent breaks when doing repetitive work like cutting and ironing because my hands are still healing.  If I try to do something for too long of a period - I get an achy feeling in the heels of my hands and sometimes a few fingers, so I take breaks and stretch and do my exercises just like I'm supposed to be doing! Did you know it can take up to a year or more for complete recovery - if complete recovery ever does occur?  Oh yes - quite interesting stuff!)


Here is the result of a days work.  44 little piles of yummy fabrics, cut to size and ready to be created into tiny little 4" finished size stars for my next new pattern design!

Want a sneak peek?


Not much of a sneak peek - but trust me - you'll see more of this in the future!  Think - cottons and wool - pieced stars and yummy wool applique blocks!  Oh joy - I'm going to have a super fun day today! And I hope your day is just as fun!



5 comments:

antique quilter said...

oh I love that antique quilt, nothing better then stars!
keep going can't wait to see more. Great fabric choices.
Glad Bella didn't get burned!
Kathie

Strlady said...

I love stars, so I'm sure this will be right up my alley!

Heartspun Quilts said...

I'm already loving this project! Stars plus a lot of CW Repros and a new wool design from you = winning combo all around. I'll be anxiously waiting!!!!!!

Heartspun Quilts said...

I'm already in love with this project! Stars + CW repros + a new wool design from you = a winning combo!! I'll be waiting anxiously for more!!!!!

Merilyn said...

That star blocks is so versatile, can't wait to see what you have created! Your fabrics are delicious!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails