Friday, February 10, 2012

Raspberry Shortbread Recipe




Yesterday I made Peach, Apple Pie and Blueberry Shortbread cookies and shared the picture of them on FaceBook!  I had many requests for the recipe and thought I would share it here on my blog also!

Enjoy!

Raspberry Shortbread

1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 small jar seedless raspberry jam (I've used my homemade jams too and it works excellent, I've done Peach, Strawberry, Blueberry, Apple and Blackberry - everyone liked them all!)

Glaze Ingredients
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 1/2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat butter and 2/3 cup sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.  Gradually add flour; beating at low speed until blended.  This dough will seem thick and crumbly.

Divide dough into 6 equal portions; roll each portion into a 12" x 1" inch long roll. (I can never get my logs this exact size!!!)  Place strips on lightly greased backing sheet. 

Make a 1/2 inch wide by 1/4 inch deep indentation down the center of the logs using the handle of a wooden spoon. Spoon jam evenly into indentations.  I like to place a couple scoops into a small bowl and stir the jam up a bit first, then spread it into the indentations!

Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven; spoon more jam into indentations if needed. Bake 5 more minutes or until lightly golden browned.

Whisk together powdered sugar, water and extract; drizzle over warm shortbread. (this recipe for the drizzled icing makes quite a bit and I do not use it all.  I make 1/2 the glaze recipe and have plenty!)  Cut each strip diagonally into 1 inch slices while still warm.  Cool on pans.

Yields about 6 dozen.

This recipe is originally from Southern Living 1999 Annual Recipes!

4 comments:

Libby said...

Oh My Goodness!! Those look so good! We are finally having a cold weekend here in Georgia and I have to go to Kroger this morning, so I think I will make sure that I have these ingredients all ready to bake up! Thanks for sharing!

~*~Leanne~*~ said...

This looks sooo yummy! I had to copy the recipe. Now I know what I'm bringing to my girlfriends brunch...thanks for sharing.
Enjoy your day,
Leanne

Sue said...

Thank you for the recipe ! I just printed it out :-D I also wanted to let you know that I started my 45 & Life to go quilt yesterday. I bought the quilt kit from you last year. Great pattern and I just love the Little gatherings fabric !

Libby said...

WooHoo! I made these today and even though they are no where near as pretty as yours..they are so YUMMY!! Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails