Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Drawing and Doodling!


I was able to get this new design all stitched up this past weekend!  Now I have to decide on how to quilt it?   I really do not have time to hand quilt it, but I really want to!  I'm stumped - so if you have suggestions on what quilting designs or motifs I should do or ask a longarm quilter to do - leave a comment!

Yesterday I spent the day drawing and designing new projects!  Ah yes - pure bliss.  And so far today - it's looking like I'm going to spend the day doing much of the same as yesterday.  When inspiration strikes - take advantage of it - that's my motto!

So after a full day of drawing and doodling, this is how my sewing room looks this morning when I walked into it! (be warned - it's starting to look like a tornado hit it!)

The pile of large notepads, Lite Steam A Seam 2 scraps and graph paper on my sewing table.

This is my cutting table with my light box (new design on top that I finished up yesterday evening!) and a bunch of tools laying nearby.  Of course my phone is handy and as always - a can of Diet Coke is within reach!

My pressing table holds all of yesterdays drawings (13 completed!) and to the right is all of my cardboard, vinyl and plastic templates I created!

This smaller cutting counter holds all my garbage - big stack of rejects and scraps of discarded paper!

And I'm sure the mess will get even worse today!  But who cares - I'm having fun!

The baby shower went off perfectly this past Sunday.  Here is the soon to be Mommy holding her quilt that I made for her.  This baby shower was so much fun to help with, but boy was I tired when I got home Sunday evening!  Geez - babies are a lot of work!

Here's the soon to be Mommy and Daddy - are they not cute!


And today I leave you with this picture.  I posted it on FaceBook yesterday after laughing hysterically when I first saw it.  Remember - laughter is the best medicine!




5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful design and nice for a wall hanging. I need to get some UFO's finished, but I have lots of patterns that i have been wanting to make.

Debbie

Mary said...

Wonderful quilt. Love the applique. The baby quilt and family are cute too!

Barb said...

congrats to the cute couple!!
love the stars in your quilt-
happy leap day

antique quilter said...

oh I Love the way this came out!!!! of course I am going to want to make it too! love the stars.
love the kitty picture!
Kathie

Teri said...

I love this new design! I'll have to make it too. It would look great on the wall in my studio! I think maybe I'd quilt the stars in the ditch from point to point to make a 2nd star design and echo stitch the wool appliques. Can't wait to see what you decide.

Related Posts with Thumbnails