Monday, March 11, 2013

Simply Charming Monthly Blog Along

I was so surprised and excited a few weeks ago when I discovered there is a group of quilters in blogland that are using my quilt book, 



 and challenging each other to make a quilt a month from the book!  Now how cool is that!

Below is a list of the bloggers that I'm aware of that are involved in this and I invite you to visit each of their blogs and maybe even join in!  It's not a "formal" group or anything - just plain old fun!

If you don't own my book Simply Charming: Small Scrap Quilts of Yesteryear - Click on the book image above and it will lead you directly to my website where I have the books for sale!  You can also view each of the twenty quilts that are in the book!!!!


















If I missed anyone just leave me a comment and I'll be sure to add you to this list as well as "follow" and read your blog!  I love quilting blogs!

Thank you to each of the above bloggers!  You make my day each time I see one of my designs from the book pop up in quilt blog land and I love seeing how some of you have really "made them your own" with your own unique touches!















6 comments:

Yvette said...

I am also glad this group was started. I hope to start my first quilt this weekend. I have had the book since it came out and haven't made a thing but that will soon change.

WoolenSails said...

It will be fun to see what other's make from your book, little quilts are always fun to make.

Debbie

Lee Ann L. said...

I've been looking for something like this. I was a part of a similar group; but, it fell apart due to poor leadership. Here's to hoping this one is more successful!

Kindred Quilts said...

Hi Tara. This group got started because of a friendly dare by Darlene of Quilting Daze, to me, Kathy at Kindred Quilts... she challenged me to make every quilt in the book, so I told her I would if she would! From there Darlene suggested we invite other bloggers to join us. No pressure, no set rules, just plain fun! We are striving for a mini every other month, and that plan seems to be working well. Thanks for a great, inspirational book of mini quilts! P.S. Please come to the AQS show in Des Moines in October, 2013!

Strlady said...

I was super excited when Darlene posted about the sew along. I already had made my first at the end of last year so i had a little wiggle room on the first deadline but I'm starting my next one this weekend to avoid falling behind. Maybe I'll have a few of my favorites already done by the time your new book gets released!

Cindy said...

It was such fun making my first little quilt from your book! The hardest part: Deciding which one to do next.

Related Posts with Thumbnails