Monday, March 18, 2013

Lucy Boston, Patchwork Of The Crosses Quilt

I've gone and started another project.

I just couldn't help myself though, I've wanted to make the Lucy Boston, Patchwork Of The Crosses Quilt Forever!!!

I'm using InkLingo for my pattern shapes.  I love this program, it makes life so much easier.  With just the click of the mouse I'm printing the pattern shapes on my fabrics.


This is the book that goes along with the quilt.  I highly recommend purchasing the book, there is a wealth of information and wonderful pictures in it.


Below is my first block.  I really want to play around with some awesome color combinations while making this quilt.  I'm going to use reproduction fabrics from my stash and I'm thinking about having a pretty brown mottled fabric for the sashing between each of the blocks.  But that can be decide later as I get further into this quilt - I'll just let the quilt tell me what it wants and needs!


I invite you to check InkLingo out and see if you might like to join me in making a Patchwork Of The Crosses Quilt.  I'm hand piecing mine and loving every quiet moment of it.

Simply click on any of the photos above or below and it will take you directly to InkLingo's website and you can look at your options for making this beautiful quilt!  I'm using the 1 1/2" finished size!


                                                                  
This block is pretty also!  Love a red and black and white combo!

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have been working on this quilt for close to a year now - mine will eventually be queen size and it is just about 72 x 72 inches now. Much different colors than yours though and I am using Inklingo also

WoolenSails said...

I have used their free templates, but now i use the go cutter for hexagons, easier for me since I don't paper piece. I really like that design and can't wait to see how your's comes together, nice fabric choices.

Debbie

teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
teresa said...

Tara ~ I recently started POTC using Inklingo as well! so fun to play with the fabric combinations!

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my thoughts! You seem to understand so much approximately
this, such as you wrote the book in it or something.
I think that you could do with a few percent to pressure the message home a bit, but other than that, this is magnificent blog.

A fantastic read. I'll definitely be back.

Take a look at my web blog; diets that work fast

Karendianne said...

Ahh, lovely start. So excited to watch this experience come to life. *karendianne.

Related Posts with Thumbnails