Thursday, January 6, 2011

Well, this day just keeps getting better - pinch me!

Look what the boy in brown, driving that big fancy UPS truck just brought me:


Oh my, what's this???  Nope - not a box from Moda - yes, I know it has Moda tape on it - but I "recycled" this box many months ago when I sent something to a very special place called "Kansas City Star".

Hmmmm, let's see what's inside, could it be.....


Oh.... my heart is pounding and I'm shaking from the adrenaline rush!


Yep, it's my little jewels come back home to me.  All 20 little pretties are safely back home and awaiting their guest appearance at their first book signing in a few weeks!  Right now they are being printed into this:


And I couldn't be happier.

Thank you Kansas City Star - you rock!

14 comments:

Heartsdesire said...

Oh Tara. I just had a quick sneak peak of your new book. Can't wait for it to arrive in my mailbox. I've pre-ordered so I know it will be here soon. So glad your quilts arrived back home safe and sound.
Judith

WoolenSails said...

Those are beautiful quilts.
I have made small squares and triangles, next I want to make some mini amish styles.

Debbie

Linda said...

Congratulations Tara! I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait for the book The quilts are just gorgeous!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

How exciting!!! You book looks like it will be a hit.

Billie

Jean said...

Pretty sure I will want a copy!!!

paulette said...

OMGosh...these are gorgeous!! Another new book to add to my wish list!! Congratulations!!
Paulette

antique quilter said...

oh I am so excited for you oh I love the sneak peak of the quilts...I can't wait to see more! glad the quilts are home with you now, are you making kits yet????
Kathie

MARCIE said...

I feel your excitement and happiness! Wow, I know an author! And it is YOU!

Barb said...

Isn't it great to get your "babie" back? They look lovey and I can't wait to see inside the new book.
Congrats

Lori said...

You must be thrilled to have your little quilts back and your new book!!

Carrie said...

Great. Now I need to buy more charm packs. Get out that rotary cutter and start cutting!

Congratulations! The "little pretties" are pretty indeed. Congratulations to you ~ now sit back, relax and rest your hand. You're going to be signing lots and lots and lots of books!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tara! Those little quilts are absolutely darling!!! I bet you were glad to have them back in your hands!

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Congratulations with your book coming out soon. You must be very proud and happy. I will try again to get a little sneak inside the book. This really looks like a book I too would love to have.
Happy that your quilts arrived back home safe.

Grammy said...

Congratulations on your book! It is just gorgeous and I know will be a huge hit with everyone who loves scrappy quilts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails