Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lonestar Log Cabin Finished!

 Surprisingly - these mitered corners on my quilt went together easily and quickly last night.  Usually mitered corners on small quilts are a breeze for me and then when I do them on larger quilts - I run into a snag or two.  But this time the "quilting Gods" were with me!


And here is the finished quilt top!  I'm loving it!  Please excuse the props you see in the background - photography genius I am not - and my living room is only so big!  This quilt was way to large for me to put up on the design wall and try to take a picture!  I attempted that this morning and could not stand back far enough to get a good picture!  So the living room floor it is and me standing way up on the stair case looking down acting like a monkey hanging over the ledge to get a good picture!  (picture that without laughing!)

I'm getting the backing fabric ready today and then I'll be shipping this pretty quilt off to the long arm quilter along with 3 other quilt tops that have been sitting here needing a little attention!

Then I think I might just work on a little Jo Morton quilt today if all goes well!  Have a great day!

18 comments:

Marsha B said...

Your quilt is beautiful, well worth all the work you put into it! ! !

Maria McCabe said...

That quilt is gorgeous! I love the borders (they look great - good job!)and the combination of colors is perfect! Great job!
Maria

WoolenSails said...

That is so beautiful, love how the border draws out the inner colors.

Debbie

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

It turned out just gorgeous! Well done!

Linda said...

It turned out just beautiful! The borders look perfect. The quilt has a very homey look to it! I love it!

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Your quilt has turned out breathtaking. Now wonder you are happy with the result.

antique quilter said...

beautiful border fabric! the quilt looks great, this went together fast didn't it?
yeah a finished quilt !!!! have fun making a little quilt
my favorites right now!

Aimee said...

Absolutely beautiful! The border fits just so well with the rest of the quilt. Love it.

Friendship Crossing said...

That quilt is absolutely stunning! Love the colors and the overall design.
Great job!

Tanya

Jeanette said...

I really love the border you put on your quilt. The quilt is really pretty!!

I Quilt Scarlet and Gray said...

Great job on your quilt. So will you keeping this one or does it already have a name on it?

Darlene

Quilting Corner said...

This is really beautiful. You did a wonderful job.
Etty

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!! This is gorgeous!!!!!! A true beauty!

Amy said...

This is beautiful! Didn't you just start this? I love the mitered border.

Deb said...

I just love your quilt and the border is perfect for it. Glad that you didn't have trouble with the mitered borders.

Jan said...

Really beautiful! The border really sets it off and you did such a nice job mitering! I tend to just avoid that, and use the excuse that "that's what they did in the old days" :)

Sharon said...

The border is perfect! Love your quilt, it has been fun to watch your progress and now to see it completed.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails