Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Jacks Chain & Rosalia Flower Garden Quilt Patterns

We are up to our ear's in fabric here with the UPS truck making daily deliveries.

So, I thought I'd take a little coffee break and show you a little treasure I purchased in an ebay auction.


I just love a good scrappy project, now granted - this one is a little on the bright side for me, but it's still neat.  It's scrappy!  The fabrics and various pieces that came with this unfinished quilt top are just a treasure to look at and enjoy.  When I saw this quilt up for auction on Ebay - I immediately thought of my Aunt who is making one of these quilts right now out of 1" squares of scrap fabrics!

Here's a picture of one of the quilt blocks included in the auction.
And a few completed nine patches:


This quilt pattern is called Jack's Chain or Rosalia Flower Garden. It's block #430 in Barbara Brackman's encyclopedia of pieced quilt patterns or in BlockBase if you have that program for Electric Quilt (love those 2 programs!)

I also found this pattern in the book called "The Romance Of  Double Wedding Ring Quilts" by Robert Bishop (which by the way you can pick up a copy really cheap on amazon.com right now!)  In his book it's called Amish Nine Patch Wedding Ring.

Below is the quilt shown in the book.


Well, that's all for today.  I have to get back to work. Bonnie Blue Basics III and The Cocheco Mills II collections arrived today and we need to get the bundles cut!

Have a good one!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing the info on the book.

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful find and will be fun putting together.

Debbie

Related Posts with Thumbnails