Friday, January 14, 2011

Today's adventure

Well, today finds me having a little more fun on this quilt.  I achieved my personal mini goal yesterday and was able to complete all the log cabin blocks!  Yeah me!

Last night I arranged the upper left corner of the quilt.  I fussy cut a particular stripe fabric I had in my stash to go around the medallion lonestar center and I'm really loving that.  Now, here's the funny part.  I did not like how that outer border was looking at all to my naked eye. I started thinking, OK Tara - that's just not going to cut it.  Darn - guess I'll use it as a backing!

Well, live and learn - how many times have I heard of people taking photos of their quilts and then changing their minds about certain things once they see the digital image??  Tons - now that I've taken this photo and looked at it all from a different angle - I'm liking the border fabric again.  Live and learn I guess!

Today, my goal is to complete this section of the quilt.  Then I hope to pull some fabrics to get started on making a sample of one of the Jo's Little Women Club #10 quilts.  Also, I want to pull some fabrics for one of the quilts from the Prairie Women's Sewing Circle Journey #1 club quilts!  Sounds like a pretty busy day to me!  Oh yeah, some hand piecing on those spool blocks again this evening sounds quite enticing with a nice hot cup of tea!

7 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You are making great progress on your log cabin blocks. I do that a lot - take a picture to decide it I like something. It's strange how it is hard to tell in person. I wish you well with those little quilts. They are so fun to make!

Deb said...

I think this quilt is going to be fantastic. And I think the border looks wonderful - picks up all the colors from the inside. I do know what you mean about deciding though - I do it all the time. Sometimes I leave it for a day or two and then decide.

WoolenSails said...

Love how the quilt is coming along, beautiful shading with the fabrics.

Debbie

Heartspun Quilts said...

I'm loving the fussy cut stripe and the border for your quilt. Great job choosing those fabrics, I think!

Can't wait to see what you choose for Jo's club and the Prairie Women's Sewing Circle!

Stay cozy, my friend!

Sharon said...

That border is perfect! This is a stunning quilt...love it! Glad you met your goals for the day, it is so worth it by the picture of your quilt

Janet said...

I think it looks gorgeous! The border fabric is wonderful. I love using my camara to make decisions :0)

antique quilter said...

wow this quilt is looking wonderful!
oh lucky you to be making both Jo club quilts and PW sewing club little quilts!
can't wait to see your versions!
Kathie

Related Posts with Thumbnails