Thursday, December 16, 2010

So Excited - Here is my new book cover image!!!


I simply cannot take the suspense of waiting for my new book to arrive.  I think of this little gem everyday.

Introducing:

Simply Charming: Small Scrap Quilts of Yesteryear
by: Me
Published by: Kansas City Star
Due to arrive: in February!
Pre-Orders: Starting soon - oh so soon!

20 scrappy style quilts - all which can be made from leftover charm squares or scraps

Here's a little info from he back cover:

Scraps—we all have those bits and pieces
left over from other quilting projects.
Put them to use in these little patchwork
quilts reminiscent of bygone days. You
don’t need a lot of fabric to create these
tiny treasures. Using her own overflowing
scrap bag, quilt designer Tara Lynn Darr
has created 20 classic projects inspired
by patterns of the past. From simple
one-patch and nine-patch blocks to
dazzling stars and pieced basket blocks,
she shows you how to make the most
of your leftovers. All the projects can be
made with 5” charm squares or smaller.
Tara also shares her time-tested tips for
working with small quilts. With these
projects and a little imagination, you’ll
whittle down that scrap stash in no time!
 
I am trying to calm my excitement down here a little bit!  I must get back to work!  I am trying to work up so little kits to go with the projects in the book that will be offered on our website!!!

15 comments:

Friendship Crossing said...

Congrats to YOU!! What a wonderful accomplishment and how excited you must feel right now!

Can't wait to see it.

Tanya~friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com

Robyn said...

How exciting! Congrats. It looks like a great book.

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!
MANY CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BOOK!
BLESSINGS,LINDA

Jeanette said...

Congratulations! I didn't know you had a new book coming. That's got to be really exciting!!

Colleen said...

I'm so excited for you. Congrats a thousand times!! I'm drooling already!!

teresa said...

I can't wait! Congratulations, Tara!

Primitive Quilts and Projects said...

Congratulations.... that is so exciting!!!!

Diane H said...

Congratulations Tara - it looks wonderful!

Sunnybec said...

Lol You be as excited as you like! Congratulations. Linda x

Kim said...

Congrats Tara!!! Looks like a winner!!! How very exciting!!!

Heartspun Quilts said...

WOW!!! How wonderful!!! The cover is absolutely adorable and I can't wait to opens the pages and devour the whole thing! Congratulations, Tara! I couldn't be happier for you, girlfriend!!

Heartsdesire said...

Oh I'm so excited to see your new book. I'll be pre-ordering it as soon as possible.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

No need to calm down. Just enjoy your happiness!!! That's a wonderful thing happening to you.

Billie

Peach Rainbow said...

Congratulations!
The cover looks lovely!

Kathleen Tracy said...

Tara- This is very exciting - can't wait to see it! Best of luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails