Thursday, December 9, 2010

In Heaven - I got to sew yesterday!

Yesterday's highlight around here - I actually got to sit and sew!

And to start off the fun - had to blow the dust off the sewing machine cover,  I had a temporary memory lapse - forgot how to thread my sewing machine.  Then a few minutes later - forgot where my thread cutter button was.  But all is well now and my memory has kicked into high gear again.  Thank goodness!

This is what I accomplished yesterday afternoon.

This will eventually be my border fabric if everything works out the way I have planned. I chose the colors for my quilt directly from this awesome stripe fabric!  It's from the Bread & Butter line by Kaye England for Wilmington Prints.


These 2 photos are the ones I am pulling inspiration from.  This quilt is for sale at www.amishcountrylanes.com  - a great website for sure!

This is the book I am using for the pattern.  The pattern is called Lonestar Log Cabin.  The book is Tried and True, Renewed published by Leisure Arts.

This is the actual quilt shown in the book.  Mine is going to be more similar to the one on the Amish Country Lanes website.  A few minor adjustments, but I think I can do it!

Now, I'm off to work on the 68 log cabin blocks this quilt needs!  Wish me luck!

9 comments:

paulette said...

It's going to be gorgeous!!
Take care!
Paulette

Quiltbenaco said...

Buona, buona, buona fortuna!!!!!
Gran bel progetto!!!
Ciao

Deb said...

Oh, do I love your block and I'm going to love your quilt so much. I wish there was a pattern for the Amish one just how it is. I'm completely clueless on how to do my own. I'll be watching your progress!

Amy said...

Wow, this is going to be gorgeous!

Karen said...

The Lone Star designs always showcase a fabric line well with good contrast. I like what you have going.

WoolenSails said...

That is going to be so beautiful, I love the design and colors.

Debbie

Lori said...

Wow! That is really wonderful and that border fabric is gorgeous!

Julia said...

Just so beautiful..it's going to be stunning with that border...love the fabrics.
Julia ♥

Linda said...

Your quilt is going to be stunning! I love the fabrics you've used!

Related Posts with Thumbnails