Monday, December 6, 2010

I Have a Challenge For Everyone!


OK - here is a photograph/drawing of a quilt block called Grand Daughters Flower Garden. Here is the only information I have so far on this block:

7" finished size, came from an older issue of a quilt magazine - Possibly "Quilt" Magazine itself. My Aunt traced this out of the magazine that she borrowed from a friend a few years ...ago, so we have no way to get the magazine itself anymore to narrow down "just what" magazine it was!

I cannot locate any block by this name on the internet or in 2 of the book sources I use the most. I love a good mystery!

Let's put our thinking caps on today and see if anyone out there has any information on this block! Help! I have to fill orders today, but later on this evening, I plan on researching this quilt block more and seeing if I can draft up a pattern. It looks like a really good challenging quilt block to make!

 

And don't forget - our Annual Website Sale is still going on right now! Go check it out!

2 comments:

Yankee Valley Stitcher said...

Check out this blog - http://alliesinstitches.blogspot.com/2010/03/granddaughters-flower-gardenpainting.html. When I typed in Grandaughters Flower Garden this is what came up. Perhaps this fellow blogger can help you out or knows a little more about its origin! Good luck on your hunt:)

Lee said...

Thanks for the patterns! happy holidays!

Related Posts with Thumbnails