Monday, December 3, 2018

Day #3 Redwork Stitchery Ornament & Lollipop Ornaments Tutorial



I love these little ornaments! So cute and quick to stitch up! The tutorial is a nice full-color download for you.

and then I also found another cute ornament tutorial for you today.....




Don't these look fun and so clever!  Easy enough to whip up in no time at all to decorate your Christmas Tree!


I love the buttons in the center as added dimension and the ribbon tied around the lollipop stick!  What's that - no ribbon on hand you say?  Never fear - just use some of the fabrics you do have on hand a cut a small strip of fabric!


I really like the idea of some bright and cheery fabric lollipops added to a Christmas tree, especially if you have little girls and boys in your household that would delight in seeing the added pop of color on the tree.  But if you are a bit more traditional.....


The fabric combinations are endless.


Look at that aqua and red fabric combination in the bottom row, center photo. I love aqua and red together - such a cheery fabric combination! 

  

  

 
  

  



Oh and don't get me started on how cute these little lollipops would be in my favorite civil war reproduction fabrics!  Oh, be still my heart, I may have to go dig into my collection of Pam Buda's luscious greens and reds and creams from her lovely fabrics! (an awesome fabric designer for Marcus Fabrics, which I'm sure you already knew that!)

And speaking of Miss Pam, have you seen her new book? It's called "Vintage Patchwork" and it's the most delightful and lovely book.





 Packed with the loveliest projects and clever????  This whole book is organized around the thought that you can create the projects within using just one of her 10" square bundles of fabric. She designed this fabric called Prairie Basics And Shirtings and it is just luscious!





And above is a little look at the projects in the book! Earlier, I shared the link to her website which will lead you directly to her page where you can order the book only.  This link just below will show you the "Grand-daddy" present for yourself - go order the book and the fabric bundle because you are worth it my friend!




Have fun with this tutorial I shared today and I hope you can dig into your own fabric stash and find some treasures to make a couple or three lollipops for your Christmas tree this year!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails