Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Project off to a great start!

Just a quickie post this morning, I'm off to the doctor for more blood work.  Checking my thyroid levels and assorted other on going issues.  Drats - I'd rather stay home and sew!

Yesterday I worked more on this project:


So far, I think it's coming along nicely.


I'm thinking about using this red and cream toile fabric along the side edges of the quilt and as a final border.  Not completely sold on it yet, What do you think?  I've also though about just leaving the pointed right and left sides of the quilt as they are and binding the edges that way - not straightening anything out.  I'll have to sew some of the rows together and play around with it before I decide!

Here's a little inspiration for you:


This is a little quilt I have hanging in the hallway between my sewing room and my office!  So cute!  I won this little gem at an auction last year when I visited Shipshewana during the quilt show there!

Have an awesome day today!

8 comments:

Taryn said...

Hope the blood work gives you some answers. I am not crazy about the toile with your very graphic spider webs. I do like your idea of leaving the points and binding it that way.

Betty Lou said...

What a striking red and white quilt. I love toile, but I am sort of luke warm with this quilt. maybe your quilt doesn't need borders, just a thought. Hope the doctor's appt. goes well.

Strlady said...

You have been an overachiever all this month! I am so happy that your hands have been well enough to allow you the pleasure! And I'm a bit Jealous. This one is just outstanding! Love Love it.

Randy D. said...

I love the toile. I vote for that for the border!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I have thyroid issues too. Been dealing with it for years, finally got off synthroid and onto Armour. Sure wish they would have done that 15 years ago. I have all my energy back again. As for the red and white quilt, I would leave the sides follow the blocks and bind it like that, just make sure you use bias binding.

Anonymous said...

Love love love this one!...the fabrics are perfect!
I also love the idea of leaving the edges angled....to me it highlights the piecing....whic is so beautifully done

Merilyn said...

I actually love your idea of having the angled/pointed border, it would create a lot of visual interest and add a unique look to the quilt!!!
Good luck with your drs appointment!

antique quilter said...

LOVE the way this is coming out! so graphic
I wouldn't use the toile with this quilt
it needs a darker border in mho
save that toile!!!! hope your dr appt went well...
boy your really on a roll in your sewing room
Kathie

Related Posts with Thumbnails