Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's a border kind of day and other distractions!

I'm nearing the finish line on my Katie's String Star quilt!  Look -


I just have to trim the edges of the quilt up and add the 3 outer borders and I'll have this quilt top completed today!


I just love looking at each of these stars!  They are all so different and "sew" scrappy!  I've chosen a neat stripe print for the middle outer border, so I'm really excited to see how it turns out.  

This pattern can be found in this book on page 153:


Or you can find it in the May/June 2004 issue of Fons and Porter magazine - page 83!  (see what happens when I clean out all my magazines - I find things I new I had - just didn't know where they were stashed!



I've been a little distracted this morning while blogging....


It seems my dear sweet Bella is trying to learn how to use my computer!

Have a good one!

8 comments:

Shirley said...

Love the use of the dark blue print for your quilt. It is very eye catching. I am just off now to see where I can buy that book.

Jan said...

What a pretty string quilt!

antique quilter said...

How cute is bella!! Love that quilt. I do not own this book I looked but that's not the one I have. I do have another scrappy book of theirs. Looks like a book I need
Kathie

Leeanne said...

My distractions are looking at yummy blogs, such as yours! I love that string star quilt.

WoolenSails said...

I love it with the black, really stunning piece.

Debbie

Sharon said...

WOW! This is now on my to-do list...and I need to find the book. Gorgeous!

Quilter Kathy said...

An amazing scrap quilt...great job!

Merilyn said...

Wow! the string star quilt is looking quite wonderful, love the close-up shot, love all the scrappy pieces in there!!!!
Bella is so very sweet!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails