Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Idle Moments and Peaceful Quiet Time

After a full days work yesterday, I needed a few minutes of quiet "me time" late in the evening.  I sat down to do a little hand piecing and my mind started to wander a bit.  My mind drifted back to memories of my Grandma hand piecing and quilting.  I thought about my Great Aunt who still hand pieces and hand quilts.  I thought about both of my Aunts who are both avid quilters - both hand and machine.

As I sat stitching and thinking in this quiet and peaceful time, I happened to think about some older patterns that I had produced awhile ago, specifically for those people that enjoy hand piecing or smaller type projects that can be completed in a day by machine.  I thought I would share one of those out of print pattern with you today and send you many wishes for a little quiet, peaceful time in your day.  Pick up a needle and thread and practice your hand piecing or learn a new technique and try your talents at hand piecing.

Here is:

Blazing Star


The following files are in PDF format, click on the link to download each.



Also, I've converted a set of instructions that I included with each of these patterns.  It's a very simple set of General Instructions for Hand Piecing, Applique & Quilting. The following file is also in PDF format, click on the link to download it.


And for those of you new to my blog, we do have a special page on our website that is dedicate to free pattens that we offer.  Almost all the free patterns there were past patterns that have now been discontinued.  I welcome you to use those patterns, enjoy them and share them with friends and family.  Here is the link to our Free Pattern Page

6 comments:

Karen said...

Thank you for sharing. I have saved the pattern and instructions for future use. I like the "old" look of the design.

Chantal said...

Thank you for the gift of a free pattern. You are a generous person! I will print it out and give it a whirl. We have another snow day here in Allen, Texas - no five in two weeks! I plan to make a huge pot of vegetable soup and sew! Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

I first learned to quilt with cereal box templates and hand piecing. It is relaxing but gosh I have so much I want to accomplish that I don't do it much anymore.

Sharon said...

Tara, thanks for sharing! It has been awhile since I handpieced, and this would be the perfect little project.

Merilyn said...

Thankyou for the free pattern, and instruction sheet on hand piecing, I have never done handpiecing before! This could be the beginning of a new experience in my patchwork!

Darlene said...

'Idle Moments and Peaceful Quiet Time' are wonderfully cathardic - any kind of hand work does it for me. I love to sit with my needle and thread. Truly blissful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails