Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Few Little Finishes!!!

Last night I was in one of my "moods".  I had to get something accomplished.  I had to sit down at the sewing machine.  I had to get - something - anything finished!

Well, I'm happy to say, I've finished 3 little quilts that have been "almost" finished for a year now.  The poor little dears have been hanging on one of my design walls screaming for attention now.  They seemed to reach out and smack me in the face every time I walked into my sewing room, yet I never could seem to carve out enough time to pay attention to them.  Well, last night I just could not take it anymore!  I was able to get all 3 of these quilts bound and finished!  That's all - that's all they needed, yet they hung on the wall for a year or more actually - that's sad - that's really, really sad.  Here they are!

First up is this little darling.  The quilt top was gifted to my by Miss Kathie of the Inspired by Antique Quilts blog.  I hand quilted this one last year while vending at a show in Valparaiso Indiana.  Isn't it a cutie!

This is Cheddar Cheese and Crackers - a quilt I made last year during a "Quilt Along" with Lori of Humble Quilts who so generously gave the instructions step by step on her blog. Love the cheddar!

And this one was actually the first version of this quilt:

Which was one of our pattern releases last year.  I made the first version and then went back and did it again, made it smaller and added fun corner borders for the pattern version which you see above that is called Star City!

I'm off to play for a little while today.  I'm pulling fabrics to work on a quilt model for our quilt show booths this year. I'm working on one of the quilts from the Prairie Women's Sewing Circle Club!  More specifically the quilt in the lower right hand corner on the cover below!


But first, I'm going to put these 3 little finishes of mine in the washer and get them going.  I love that slightly puckered antique look on my quilts! Then they'll be ready to find a spot on one of our walls here at home!  It feels good to have finished something!

9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I love the tumblers, that is something I want to make.
I plan on getting the small tumbler die next.

This week I am fooling around, making eggs with scraps.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

All so flippin pretty! How could you have neglected those babies?!!! I too love a good wash, dry and crinkle of my quilts. Isn't it fun to see them come out of the dryer with all that crinkly goodness?!!
I posted that other baby quilt yesterday if your interested in seeing them together. :-)

Diane H said...

They are all adorable! A doll quilt is next on my list.

Linda C said...

l bought a tumbler template last year, and have yet to use it. You just might have inspired me to pull out some pink and brown fabrics and start cutting. Thanks!!

Merilyn said...

Beautiful projects, what a relief to have them finished!!! I couldn't pick a favourite, they're all beautiful!

Darlene said...

I love 'em all. I know you're happy to have them finished.

Cheryl said...

I'm such a fan of small quilts and this trio is certainly charming!

Béa said...

They are all adorable. I too made the Lori's quiltalong, I love minis. Hugs from France.

Lori said...

Oh my gosh! Three lovely quiltlets!! Isn't that funny how we can let them sit around for so long and it really doesn't take that much to finish them up. Woo-hoo!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails