Friday, May 24, 2013

Our Next Book Reveal....


I was so happy to receive permission yesterday to share the cover of my next upcoming book with you!  This is  

Cozy Quilts: A Charming Blend of Wool Applique and Cotton Patchwork

 I have enjoyed every moment of creating the projects in this book for everyone.  Each project is a smaller quilt, wall quilt, table topper etc.  All projects are cotton patchwork backgrounds with wool applique!  And for those of you that enjoy cotton applique - this book is for you also!  I also am proud to say that I met my personal goal for this book - each of the designs I hand quilted!  Luckily Kansas City Star, my publisher, has one of the most fantastic photographers around!  You can clearly see the detail in each of the projects!

11 projects will be in this book, I cannot share those photos with you just yet - but soon, very soon I can.  For now enjoy the sneak peek on the back cover!

My wonderful, favorite, spectacular editor Kimber of Heirlooms by Ashton House Blog, shared some more info on my book a couple days ago, so be sure to follow the link to her blog!

Also - here's another big surprise announcement!

Do you like thread?  Well so do we and I'm so pleased and proud to announce that Valdani - the makers of that 100% hand dyed and 100% colorfast thread that we all love has asked me to do a box set of colors for them to coincide with the release of my book.  


I've chosen 12 beautiful colors that will work wonderfully with the projects in our book - they are the colors we use!  I will have the box sets of thread and the books available on my website for pre-orders as soon as I can get a more exact date on the release of the book.  We know it's July for sure.  As long as my last set of final edits go smoothly - I hope for an early July release!  Fingers crossed!

And for those of you that have quilt shops near you that you love - suggest to them that they host our quilts from this book for a trunk show at their store!  I already have a few local quilt shops signed up and cannot wait to hit the trails again here locally for book signings!  Those are always so fun.

Thank you my blogging friends for you support and kind words during the last few months I've been working on this book!

And be on the lookout next spring for the follow up to our first book with Kansas City Star - Simply Charming II is in the works!  Yes!!!!!

5 comments:

Solstitches said...

The book looks wonderful and those threads are gorgeous.
Margaret

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those thread are beautiful - I have never used them are they like Perle Cotton type of threads I have used #12 of that brand - what are these compared to?

Phyllis said...

I love the look of the new book and the floss is delicious. I definitely want to pre-order both.

Mary said...

Congratulations!! And threads to match, beautiful.

Anonymous said...

You know I'll be looking forward to opening up your new book! A huge congrats on your success girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails