Saturday, February 9, 2013

Teeny, Tiny!





Yesterday I spent my afternoon tinkering around and making a gazillion 1" finished size half square triangles! This morning I'll finish making another 44 that I need to complete for this project that will appear in my new wool book that will make its debut in July of this year!

I had to "remember" to slow the speed down on my machine piecing while working on such small pieces. Do you ever do that when going from working with larger shapes and then move on to much smaller shapes? I find, for myself at least, if I slow down the speed of my piecing on small shapes - the finished result is much better!

Happy Quilting!


Tara
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Gayle said...

Good advise Tara - I'll have to try that with my next small project. Looking forward to your next book - yay!

Anonymous said...

Cannot wait for your book to come out.
Marian in Houston

Anonymous said...

I got hooked on wools at primitive Gatherings booth at Houston Quilt Festival .

Marian

Heartspun Quilts said...

From the sneak peek, it's looking wonderful already. I love tiny patchwork...the smaller the better, so I'm DYING to see this.

Have fun sewing today!

Related Posts with Thumbnails