Monday, February 18, 2013

A finish or two!






I'm so excited I finished the binding on this quilt early this morning and washed and dried it to get that gorgeous krinkled antique look!





Here's a picture of a corner - I think that brown fabric looks pretty good on here!

So then I moved on to finish hand quilting this four or five year old UFO.





Silly me - it only had about a half hours worth of work left to do on it! Why in the world did I put it back in the UFO pile? Anyhow - it's finished except for the binding. Lesson learned - store your binding fabric if possible with the UFO quilt! I had to order a piece of Kona because I could not find any of that deep dark brown in my
stash to finish it off! I'm so bummed!


Here's a couple close ups of my "almost" finished quilt!








Tara
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful - I love the very scrappy look to the quilt

Gayle said...

Nice work - that scrappy quilt is to DIE for - so many fabrics!

antique quilter said...

beautiful... great finishes..
Kathie

Inch Worm Fabrics said...

It is so rewarding to finsh. Your handquilting is very beautiful.

Leeanne said...

Love, L*O*V*E...............

Lane said...

Love the one made with the string squares. And, the quilting on the second one is terrific! Great finishes. Lane

Cindy said...

Love both of them but especially the first one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails