Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lazy Saturday...

Today - along with working on new designs for Quilt Market - I'm going to set aside an hour or two to work on this!


I'm going to use my favorite Ardco Templates and trace out a few 4" finished size Lemoyne Star blocks - just because they are so cute!

While reading and marking a blog ages ago to "get back to" when I had time - I was browsing again this morning and read Taryn's post again and got the "bug" to just stop and make a few of these beauties!

Here's a pic of Taryn's blocks from her blog!


Aren't they cute!

Check out Taryn's Blog here to read more about these cute little blocks!


Yesterday my daughter and I played around with dyeing Easter Eggs!  What fun!  Here's a couple pictures of our creations:

 Our Tie-Dye egg creations

 A special egg just for Daddy!

And here are the marbelized eggs we experimented with!

In other news:

2 finished Dear Jane blocks.  The one on the left is a keeper - the one on the right - well, I'm going to soak it in water for a bit longer today, but if that supposed "washable" marker does not come out all the way - it's going in the garbage!  What a disappointment!  Beware of the blue Crayola washable marker!  I decided to try them out after reading about them on another blog awhile back!  Well, that blue one is a real evil one - hopefully a good soaking will remove that bleeding and the rest of the markings!

Have a great Saturday!


1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hope you got a few blocks finished...these are going to be adorable, love your fabrics! And your eggs turned out wonderful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails