Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Little Eye Candy

Well, as I sat here this morning trying to patiently wait for the Fed Ex truck to get here and bring me a replacement part for my printer - I received a few fun photos on FaceBook!  Look at this eye candy!  My Aunt has been one busy person lately!


This photo above is from a pattern that appeared in the May/June 2008 issue of Fons & Porters Love Of Quilting Magazine!  Isn't it pretty!  This is one that is on my "to-do" list for sure! It's called "Spin Wheel".


Oh and what do we have here!  This is from one of my patterns that was in the Fall 2008 issue of Quilts & More magazine! It's called Ease into Autumn!  So pretty!





And this one above is a must make too!  I love it - but I'm having a memory lapse and can't remember the name of it!



Look at the pinks and browns!  OOOOO - I have to get this pattern, I know I've seen it somewhere but my mind is blank - I've got a case of what we in the industry call "Quilt Market Brain" right now!  LOL



This one is going to be a beauty when it's finished!  Pinks and yellows- yum!  How delicate looking!



And look at these pretty little victorian boots!  These just scream my Aunt completely! They are so precious!


And these pretty blocks remind me of my Grandma.  She made a quilt for me with a similar block on it and I just treasure it!  I wish I could get pictures of all the quilts my Grandma made for each of her grandbabies.  What a nice photo album that would make.  She made a lot of quilts in her lifetime and I would give anything to be able to see them all now.
Well, my Aunt has been pretty busy lately making lots of beautiful quilts!  Wow - I need to get down there for a visit soon and see these gems in person!  Keep sewing Aunt Julie!  Love you!

1 comment:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Those are awesome quilts Tara. I love the little appliqued blocks.
Is the Fed Ex man there yet??? I hope so for your sake. Your going to go nuts waiting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails