Monday, January 21, 2019

Little LeMoyne Star Monday & Mrs. Miller's Apprentice Quilt


I had a nice relaxing weekend hand stitching some more Little LeMoyne Star blocks. These little hand-pieced treasures are addicting!  I also worked a bit more on the layout for my stars and so far, I'm happy with it.  I need to tweak my measurements just a tad bit more, but I really like it so far! I'm using a set of quilt stamps for the actual LeMoyne Star blocks, but the layout (the pink fabric around the blocks in the center of my photo) I had to draw myself.  I'll probably upload it to my website to share with those of you interested in it after I'm sure I have the measurements exact for templates!



This morning I worked on my Mrs. Miller Apprentice BOM. I am so in love with this fabric line by Pam Buda for Marcus Fabrics.  The name of the fabric line is the same as the BOM - Mrs. Miller's Apprentice.  Gorgeous shades of blues and creams and ivories. This fabric line is available in quilt shops now.


This is going to be such a gorgeous quilt and I look forward to participating in this year long project! If you haven't made any of Pam's creations - her company name is Heartspun Quilts.  Her directions in her patterns are phenomenal and she uses excellent graphics in the directions also!


                                                                

I also downloaded a book recently that peaked my interest.  For those of you that don't know - I love to read. I have many different favorite authors, but this past weekend this book by Patricia MacDonald really caught my attention.  So far - I love it!!! The Girl In The Woods is the name of the book and you can click on the amazon link above to read more about it!

And I almost forgot to post about our Splendid Sampler II blocks!  Some of you may follow me on FaceBook and Instagram - but if not - here are my blocks from this past week 


Are you making the Splendid Sampler II quilt?  


                                                           


If you haven't already purchased your copy of The Splendid Sampler II book - just click on the book image above and it will take you right to Amazon where you can purchase a copy of the book and even the kindle version (which is awesome by the way!)

I think I should do a blog post this week and update all of you here also on all the blocks I have completed for The Splendid Sampler II quilt.  I am part of a Sew-A-Long on Facebook and we post our blocks every week as we get them done! It's "sew" much fun!

Have a wonderful Monday!




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails