Thursday, December 27, 2012

Texas Star Blocks

I've been working on a Texas Star quilt off and on now for a few years. I'm in no rush to get it done - I'm hand piecing it all.




Here are a few of the blocks I finished this morning.





Here are a few I pieced last week when it was such a grey and dreary day out. I'm making this quilt out of older calico fabrics that I have hunted down here and there and hoard! These little calicoes remind me of the fabrics my Grandma used to piece with!






And just for your entertainment, here's a picture of Bella all dressed up in her Santa Claus dress for Christmas. My daughter loves to dress poor Bella and this outfit was her gift to Bella for Christmas!





Happy stitching everyone!


Tara
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That photo is so cute. My cats would not tolerate clothes, lol.

Debbie

Leeanne said...

lovely piecing

Leeanne said...

lovely piecing

antique quilter said...

how cute is that! surprised Bella tolerates the clothes!!!!
Kathie

Mindi said...

I have recently come across this pattern and have fallen in love with it - I am in need of a new hand sewing project I can take along with me here and there and this is the one for me. I saw it in a book I inherited from my aunts collection, but it doesn't have any instructions in it, just the templates. Would you mind contacting me and telling me how you actually assemble the block? is there a certain order? What kind of stitch do you use? Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails