Friday, May 20, 2011

Ahhhh Quilt Market!!!

We're back and re-energized after a fun, exhilerating, emotional and quick (it went by really fast!) Quilt Market!  This spring we visited Salt Lake City, Utah.  And yes - for those of you that "know" me - I survived the airplane ride - my nerves were frazzled a bit - but I made it there and back - safe and sound!

This Quilt Market I had the joy of meeting this gal:

This cute gal is Miss Sandy (the genius behind the creations of this blog! She's on the right and that's me on the left)  It's true - this super sweet chickie helped me out in my time of need when I switched over to blogger last year.  I'm forever grateful! Be sure to check her blog out!  Textile House

This Quilt Market I was "booth buddies" with the one and only - Pam Buda - the designer extraordinaire behind Heartspun Quilts!  Check her blog out at  Heartspun Quilts
(make sure you go and read her blog post from May 17th, 2011 - she has some excellent photos of her booth!)


Above is Miss Karen - Pam's booth helper, in the center is Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts and on the right is Docia Fuller Queen Mum - otherwise known as "owner" of The Quilt Merchant!  (I have to say, I'm a tad jealous of their new Vera Bradley's they acquired last weekend - I always miss out on the good stuff!  LOL)
You can check out Docia's blog here:  I Am The Quilt Merchant and the quilt shop website here:  The Quilt Merchant

And just a little FYI - I am sold out of all Carolina Fat Quarter, Eighth and Half Yard bundles and will not be ordering more of this fabric line.  We have very little of this collection left - but you can order it at The Quilt Merchant!!!  She stocked up really well!  Also - for those of you searching for the American Spirit fabric collection- they have it also!

I also had the pleasure of meeting the one and only Gail Pan of Gail Pan Designs - she came all the way from Australia!!!!  She's such a sweetheart!  

Above is Gail Pan on the right and Miss Brenda Mercado of Pumpkin Patch Primitives on the left. Brenda has a wonderful website full of all kinds of Primitive goodies - check it out!  Her blog is also a delight and you can view that here:  Pumpkin Patch Primitives Blog

I also had the pleasure of meeting Betsy Chutchian the author of this book:

and the designer of this much anticipated fabric line:

Above is Crossroads To Texas - which by the way should be arriving on US soil soon  - if not already.  Unfortunately - I do not have a picture of Betsy -  I was so thrilled to meet her, I never stopped to think about taking a picture with her!  Thanks to Kathie of Inspired by Antique Quilts for "arranging" for Betsy to stop by our booth!

Unfortunately - I chose to leave me "good" camera at home and not lug the heavy thing around with me, (which means I missed out on taking pictures of all my other new friends I had the joy of meeting!) but I did have my trusty IPhone for the following photos of The Kansas City Star booth!

Oh Look!!!  It's my book!

Another shot of my book with a few of the models!


This is one of the new books by Kansas City Star - Confederates in the Cornfield - great book - just look at those quilts!

A few of the quilt models from the Home On The Plains book - another good one!

I was in such good company in the Kansas City Star booth - so much talent, packed nice and neatly into 2 booths - a pure feast for the eyes!

And I'm excited to say that I was able to do a little hand piecing while on the flight to Salt Lake City and in my hotel room!  Wanna know what I worked on  -- funny you should ask - I'll show you !

This is the feathered star quilt block that we use in our logo for our business.  If I'm not asked at least once a week and asked at every quilt show I've done for a pattern for this block, I'd by shocked.  Yes folks, I broke down and figured out the pattern in Electric Quilt - cut out all my shapes and I'm proud to say that I'm about 3/4 of the way done with the block!  Below is a snapshot I took on my phone so I could remember the layout of the block while I was away- not the best picture in the world - but you get the idea!


Now, don't go getting all excited - I still have to finish this beauty up and create a PDF file to share the pattern templates with you!  It's such an easy block to piece - promise!

And this gal is getting tired - I am still trying to play "catch up" on sleep from being at Quilt Market.  I need to head to bed, but I leave you with this quote that I read on another blog this morning.

"The door of opportunity won't open unless you do some pushing." 
Anon.

I printed this quoted out in a nice bold print and framed it in my office.  This quote is so true......

Night, night everyone!

3 comments:

antique quilter said...

quilts look great hanging in the booth!
so happy that you got to meet Betsy! can't wait for her fabrics come in I want to make that gone to Texas quilt that the fabric line is based on.
Kathie

WoolenSails said...

Hmmm, did you notice the photos are the same, as in the post below, lol. Thought I was having deja vu;)

Debbie

farmersdotter said...

Thanks for all the great pictures and links! I had fun looking!

Brenda...the Farmer's Dotter

Related Posts with Thumbnails