Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ahhh, Quilt Market

We're back and re-energized after a fun, exhilerating, emotional and quick (it went by really fast!) Quilt Market!  This spring we visited Salt Lake City, Utah.  And yes - for those of you that "know" me - I survived the airplane ride - my nerves were frazzled a bit - but I made it there and back - safe and sound!

This Quilt Market I had the joy of meeting this gal:

This cute gal is Miss Sandy (the genius behind the creations of this blog! She's on the right and that's me on the left)  It's true - this super sweet chickie helped me out in my time of need when I switched over to blogger last year.  I'm forever grateful! Be sure to check her blog out!  Textile House

This Quilt Market I was "booth buddies" with the one and only - Pam Buda - the designer extraordinaire behind Heartspun Quilts!  Check her blog out at  Heartspun Quilts
(make sure you go and read her blog post from May 17th, 2011 - she has some excellent photos of her booth!)


Above is Miss Karen - Pam's booth helper, in the center is Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts and on the right is Docia Fuller Queen Mum - otherwise known as "owner" of The Quilt Merchant!  (I have to say, I'm a tad jealous of their new Vera Bradley's they acquired last weekend - I always miss out on the good stuff!  LOL)
You can check out Docia's blog here:  I Am The Quilt Merchant and the quilt shop website here:  The Quilt Merchant

And just a little FYI - I am sold out of all Carolina Fat Quarter, Eighth and Half Yard bundles and will not be ordering more of this fabric line.  We have very little of this collection left - but you can order it at The Quilt Merchant!!!  She stocked up really well!  Also - for those of you searching for the American Spirit fabric collection- they have it also!

I also had the pleasure of meeting the one and only Gail Pan of Gail Pan Designs - she came all the way from Australia!!!!  She's such a sweetheart!  

Above is Gail Pan on the right and Miss Brenda Mercado of Pumpkin Patch Primitives on the left. Brenda has a wonderful website full of all kinds of Primitive goodies - check it out!  Her blog is also a delight and you can view that here:  Pumpkin Patch Primitives Blog

I also had the pleasure of meeting Betsy Chutchian the author of this book:

and the designer of this much anticipated fabric line:

Above is Crossroads To Texas - which by the way should be arriving on US soil soon  - if not already.  Unfortunately - I do not have a picture of Betsy -  I was so thrilled to meet her, I never stopped to think about taking a picture with her!  Thanks to Kathie of Inspired by Antique Quilts for "arranging" for Betsy to stop by our booth!

Unfortunately - I chose to leave me "good" camera at home and not lug the heavy thing around with me, (which means I missed out on taking pictures of all my other new friends I had the joy of meeting!) but I did have my trusty IPhone for the following photos of The Kansas City Star booth!

Oh Look!!!  It's my book!

Another shot of my book with a few of the models!


This is one of the new books by Kansas City Star - Confederates in the Cornfield - great book - just look at those quilts!

A few of the quilt models from the Home On The Plains book - another good one!

I was in such good company in the Kansas City Star booth - so much talent, packed nice and neatly into 2 booths - a pure feast for the eyes!

And I'm excited to say that I was able to do a little hand piecing while on the flight to Salt Lake City and in my hotel room!  Wanna know what I worked on  -- funny you should ask - I'll show you !

This is the feathered star quilt block that we use in our logo for our business.  If I'm not asked at least once a week and asked at every quilt show I've done for a pattern for this block, I'd by shocked.  Yes folks, I broke down and figured out the pattern in Electric Quilt - cut out all my shapes and I'm proud to say that I'm about 3/4 of the way done with the block!  Below is a snapshot I took on my phone so I could remember the layout of the block while I was away- not the best picture in the world - but you get the idea!


Now, don't go getting all excited - I still have to finish this beauty up and create a PDF file to share the pattern templates with you!  It's such an easy block to piece - promise!

And this gal is getting tired - I am still trying to play "catch up" on sleep from being at Quilt Market.  I need to head to bed, but I leave you with this quote that I read on another blog this morning.

"The door of opportunity won't open unless you do some pushing." 
Anon.

I printed this quoted out in a nice bold print and framed it in my office.  This quote is so true......

Night, night everyone!

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time and your book and display look wonderful.

Debbie

Gail said...

I had an absolute ball and was so thrilled to meet you. Thanks for signing my book too!

MARCIE said...

I loved seeing all your darling quilts in person and also YOU!

Tess said...

I'm glad you had such a great time! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails