Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Sarah Johnson Quilt

This is one of my all time favorite quilts and since seeing this quilters version (shown below in the photos) at the Bloomington, Indiana quilt show - it has now been moved back up to the - must do soon stage! LOL

I've begun a scavenger hunt to collect more fabrics for this quilt. I've pulled quite a few from my stash and hope that maybe someday soon I can begin working on it!

The pattern for this quilt can be found in the book "Enduring Grace" by Celia Y Oliver. It is an excellent book - well worth it and has other quilt patterns and wonderful photos also.


Or if you would like this pattern only the following website produced it:

I hope you enjoy the photos I took of this quilt at the show!!!










7 comments:

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Thank yoy for sharing the photos of the Sarah Johnson quilt.I love this quilt, have the book and have been collecting fabrics for this quilt.

Karen said...

The Sarah Johnson quilt is a beauty. It looks like a long term project for sure.

WoolenSails said...

That is really a beautiful quilt and quite the project.

Debbie

Deb said...

That's a beautiful quilt! It will be such a wonderful thing to have. And loved the pictures of the show!!

Merilyn said...

Oh! my goodness!!! This quilt is just amazing!!!, it just goes to show that a masterpiece cannot be knocked over in a month!!! but to collect fabric over a ten year period to get this made is an incredible story!!! I admire that sort of dedication!!!

Deb said...

Wow!!! Hard to believe a 14 year old girl made the original quilt. Incredible. My 14 yr wouldn't be able to put down her phone long enough to sew one block, let alone an amazing quilt like that!!

*karendianne. said...

Gosh it's hard not to fall in love with this, isn't it? I never would have been able to see this without your great photos! What a treasure. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails