Saturday, October 2, 2010

Upcoming Quilt Shows

Today starts the 2 week adventure of back to back quilt shows!

If you are in the area, come see us at:


Oct 2-3, 2010 Harvest of Quilts
Dekalb County Quilters' Guild

Sycamore Middle School
150 Maplewood Drive
Sycamore, IL60178

October 6-9, 2010 AQS Quilt Expo
Iowa Events Center
Des Moines, IA
Above is a photo of our booth at last weekends quilt show!
In other news.....
I'm sad to say, but Annandale has not arrived.  I'm so upset I was not a very nice person to be around yesterday (when the fabric was supposed to have arrived) I was so frustrated.  Here is how my day went - 5 am I was up and on the phone calling our local UPS substation requesting (more like begging) them to hold all my incoming boxes so that I could pick them up instead of waiting until 4:30 in the evening (when I would be gone setting up for the quilt show!) for our fabric delivery.
UPS gladly agreed to pick all the boxes (between 8 - 10) I was guessing I should have.  I arrive at 9 am on the dot, when the customer care center opens.  They only had 4 boxes - what?????? Where's Annandale?


I get on my cell phone on the way home and call to find out where that fabric is. 
I was told they have no tracking number.  What???? How could that be?
At 2 pm in the afternoon I get a call with the tracking number.  Those Annandale boxes of fabric were not even shipped to us until this past Thursday - 2 days after I was promised they were being shipped out.  My delivery date is now Monday.  To say the least I was not happy - extremely frustrated is putting it mildly and in tears.
So, our lovely Annadale fabric is not sitting on a UPS truck somewhere in Ohio at the moment, I hope it's having a safe ride.  Monday when it arrives I will be sitting in Des Moines - setting up our booth at that show and my husband has accepted the job of receiving the shipment and putting it in our work room.  My hands are tied and there is nothing I can do.  I'm very sorry, but this is out of my hands and is making me feel like I was not meant to have this fabric!  Ugggg.
I return from the show on Columbus Day - October 11 - which is a postal holiday.  I will spend that day cutting and packing up all the Annandale orders. Tuesday - every order will ship.
**************************
I wish you each safe travels if you come and visit either of the shows we are at these next two weeks.  I'm excited and looking forward to them. As always, I will do my best to get pictures of all the pretty quilts on display.

4 comments:

antique quilter said...

oh please don't worry about this, things happen all your loyal customers KNOW how dedicated you are and you always get your orders out the same day!
thats why I love shopping with you! have a great show (s) and enjoy yourself!
Kathie

Sharon said...

Bummer! But have fun at the shows and I will look for you at AQS...it will be fun to meet a fellow blogger!

Lori said...

Your booth is beautiful! I wish I was close enough to see it in person! Good luck at the upcoming shows!

Katie said...

It can be so fustrating when you don't get stuff in time for your carefully made plans! I ordered the Accuquilt Go! Cutter and planned to spend my labor day weekend playing with it but somebody messed up so I didn't get it until a week later. I was so bummed, but I have it now and everything is okay. I know how you feel. Enjoy your shows and don't dwell on it. You have lots of other beautiful fabric in the mean time and it will be there waiting for you when you get home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails