Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Colonial Baskets Quilt

I think I really like this ladies quilts!  Last night, I was flipping through older quilt magazines again and came upon this quilt.



If you read my blog post yesterday, you will remember the name of the designer of yesterday's quilt was Carol Staehle.

Well this basket quilt is by her also. I think I'm in love with this woman's quilts! Here's the particulars on this pattern that can be found in Quilter's Newsletter magazine December 2003.

Inspiration for quilts comes from many places, and for Carol Staehle of Arlington, Texas, it came from an antique quilt shown in the book New Jersey Quilts 1777-1950 (published by American Quilter's Society, 1992). The pattern, known as Colonial Basket, was chosen for a block exchange by a group of Carol's friends, the Nineteenth Century Patchwork Divas.  A pattern for another of Carol's quilts appeared in a previous issue of QNM.



Dear Carol - I love your quilts!  I really like this Nineteenth Century Patchwork Diva's group too!  I viewed some of their amazing quilts at Quilt Fesitival in Houston last year!

1 comment:

antique quilter said...

you will be happy when the Diva book comes out soon then :)
oh Carol does amazing work!
Kathie

Related Posts with Thumbnails