Tuesday, July 27, 2010

October American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine



And here is the cover of the October 2010 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine!  Is this cover quilt not gorgeous!  I love it!  Lissa Alexander of Moda Lissa is the designer - drop dead gorgeous quilt Lissa! This quilt pattern starts on page 61

Next we have.....


Ohhhh - be still my heart. Plaid, homespun and a quilt - love it!  This one is designed by Kathie Holland of Inspired by Antique Quilts Fame.  Is it not gorgeous!  Simply beautiful!  It begins on page 28

Next we have....

This one is called Apple Crisp and is designed by Jan Ragaller - she's a fellow Illinois designer and works at a local quilt shop in Rockford, Illinois! Acorn Quilts!  I love the colors used in this one! It starts on page 94.

And next we have a favorite block of mine.....


Oh the Bride's Bouquet block.... love it!  This one is called Fresh Cuts - I'm dreaming of it done up in lighter toned civil war reproduction fabrics!  I actually have made 2 of these blocks using 30's repros and they turned out cute!  This one begins on page 45 and was designed by Marti Michell.

And next we have..
This is Passion Flower and begins on page 78.  Isn't it pretty!  This would be gorgeous in brighter civil war reproduction fabrics also! This was designed by Pat Sloan.

This issue of American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine is great!  A must have, it's hitting news stands soon!

7 comments:

Christine said...

Wow thank you for the sneak peak!! I can't wait for my issue!! :)

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Wow they are lovely! Can't wait for this issue to come in the mail. Thanks for sharing. Carolyn

Marsha B said...

My issue came over the weekend and all the quilts are beautiful. Your quilt pattern caught my eye, too. Wish I could make them all right now! ! !

Strlady said...

I'm going on a business trip tomorrow. It would be wonderful to have this one in my mail box before I leave... Sigh. I think this one will be a favorite for 2010.

Deb said...

Tara~

Are you SURE thaty Jan own's Acorn Quilts? She was the original owner of Quilter's General Store in Rockford. I know Jan works at AC~ maybe I'm wrong here and something has changed that I'm not aware of, but I thought Leslie was the owner of Acorn Quilts??? Just didn't want that quilt-world rumor mill to get all cranked up...

Erika Mulvenna said...

Holy quilts - so many beautiful patterns! Thanks for sharing!

Have you visited www.WeAllSew.com to see what other quilters are stitching up and sharing?

Ms. Jan said...

I'm with you on the Nosegay quilt! It is calling my name big time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails