Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Quilt Guild and Open Gate Quilts

Yesterday evening was just a lot of fun.  It was our first meeting of the year for Heritage Quilters Guild!  Our speaker was Monique Dillard from Open Gate Quilts.  What a great evening it was.  I had such fun catching up with old friends and seeing all of Monique's quilts.  Goodness - I haven't been to a meeting in so long, it was just a joy to get back in the game. Problem was - I brought my camera and forgot to use it!  Oh well - she has a great website and you can check that out here ---- Open Gate Quilts


I think this was one of my most favorite quilts of the evening.  It's called Ballyseede and here's the description from the website...

                                                         


Inspired by a recent trip to Ireland, this quilt was created                                  from tilework in the entryway to Ballyseede Castle.


Oh, I just loved this quilt!  A gotta make for sometime in the future for sure.




Monique's name might ring a bell with some of you - she's the February 2010 cover girl on American Patchwork and Quilting!  This quilt shown above on the cover is called Red Hots.  She is also the featured designer this month in the American Patchwork and Quilting calendar.


Oh and do you want another juicy bit of news on Monique ----- she is designing fabric for Maywood Fabrics now!  Yeah Monique!  I got to hear a little about it last night and I'm excited to see that in the future as well!


If you are coming to Chicago Festival in April, Monique will be there with a booth also, so be sure and check her goodies out there!  She has some great patterns and kits!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails