Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Off To Quilting Class I Go

Today I'm off to another day of Longarm Quilting class!  Here's today's project:


dsc05598.JPG


This is a fun scrappy quilt top I purchased off ebay a while ago.  It needed a lot of trimming up as the edges were fraying and ripped.  Plus, I discovered that it had been a quilt of some sort before - it still had some edges on there that had binding.  So, we trimmed all that up and soon it will be quilted and will make a nice little throw quilt for picnics or camping this summer.  All the pieces were hand pieced too!  I think today I'm going to quilt baptist fans on it.  Not sure, I might change my mind when I get there, but I so love baptist fans!  I'll try to post a picture either later today or tomorrow of what I accomplish!


In other news -- would you like to see some real eye candy - we received 4 boxes jammed packed yesterday of Renee Nanneman's Itsy Bits 1, 2 an 3 collections printed by Andover Fabrics......


dsc05599.JPG


dsc05600.JPG


How's that for a color explosion!  These colors are just so yummy and I love these prints because there are a lot of tone on tones and tiny calico prints.  I can't wait to sit and play with these fabrics!


Plus, I've been busy making teeny, tiny 1" finished size 1/2 square triangles for some teeny, tiny basket blocks I'm doing.  They are so fun!


And I owe a couple of my friends an email or two - I'm behind on my emails - I'm so sorry!  Between getting fabric in, stocking it, updating the website, working in general and our newest pattern design coming out in American Patchwork and Quilting Magazine - which created a lot of orders on our website - I just haven't been answering emails like normal! I'll get to it I promise!


I'm off to quilt - chat more later - wish me luck!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails